So my victim was..
First I sanded down with 320 grit sandpaper. Then I used 400 grit sand paper to get rid of the heavy scratches, and finally I removed the 400 grit scratches by sanding with 600 grit sand paper.
As you can see I used low tack masking tape, so I would not airbrush the helmet.

To use Alcad Chrome, you need to first apply a gloss black. Ive heard rumors that you can use gloss with but I have yet to confirm that.

I always over thin my paints because this will reduce the chances of me getting orange peel, and having the paint dry in mid air. The only real negative is that you have to apply 4 to 5 coats.
So to speed up that process, I would use a halogen lamp to heat up the paint to speed up the drying process. 10 seconds should do it. Ive also found that the protective wire cover is the ideal length, so as to not melt you parts.

Wow...Glossy..

I would use 15 psi, to spray on the Alcad.

Also I had purchased a black picture frame, but didnt like the bronze

Ive always liked black and silver.




Cobra lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala
ReplyDelete