Saturday, November 21, 2009

I broke down and had to buy....


Well Ive been trying to find the elusive Hill Country Hobby shop for a while now. I finally found it and while a small shop, it has some very interesting models and interesting shoppers.  I recognized a few of the shoppers from the VFW. Older modelers who have plenty of time on their hands. 

The owner recognized me as the guy who builds gundams and commented on my work.  Granted I could give a crap, but I smiled.  Well I just purchased Star Trek, and saw that the special edition came with a model of the enterprise.  I was almost about to buy it, but then i looked at it and thought" It looks really cheap and I could probably do a better job"  Well that led me to the hobby store. 

One of my childhood memories was watching the STAR TREK marathon, for 3 days straight during my winter vacation back in 81. I specifically remember that December, and from that day forward I was an "in the closet Trekkie". Granted im not as hardcore as most, but I do understand the discrepencies between the various incarnations of the Enterprise.  So with that being said the only choice was the Enterprise 1701.  The "OG". 

Im going to take my "gundam experience" skillzz, and apply them to the Enterprise. This gives me a chance to try out my new double action air brush.  Oh.. I had to buy the new Star Trek on blu ray to inspire me...... 

5 comments:

  1. Star Trek FTW!

    I guess I'm not hardcore, I haven't even seen the new one...

    Hel MF yes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don!!

    Hell yes.. Unfotunately the model itself is a very bad mold and poor quality. Horrible!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sucks about the model. I think the Polar Lights model kit you want to build is this one:
    http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/File:PolarLightsEntABox2.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you want a cool Star Trek ship for your workspace/office then track down the Art Asylum/Diamond Select ones. I have 7 out of 10(??) they've released. The Enterprise D is huge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sucks, im completed unmotivated. There are not enough parts, like gundams, and the parts are really poor quality.

    ReplyDelete