Last night, i chilled out and watched some fireworks in my neighborhood. There were more gunshots this year than last. I guess they didnt have money to buy fireworks and decided to shoot bullets instead.
Well, my Airbrushing skills are decent, but not great. To the normal eye I get away with a lot of things, but to hardcore gundam fans, they can see all to well some "issues".
One of my issues would be that I do not have a smooth finish. Even though the paint is microns thick, its visible.
I decided to experiment and try some hardcore japanese Gundam techniques.
First off I bought some Mr Hobby 1200 primer. This is supposed to be a really fine mist.
You can either spray can primer on or Air brush it. I decided to Airbrush. Now here is the experiment part. I lightly wet sanded one side of my primed sheet with 1200 grit sandpaper. Lo... and Behold, it became smoother. Rubbing your finger over the entire sheet you can tell the coarse section.
You can tell where i wet sanded. I probably didnt add enough primer layers, but it is extremely smooth. The other side is coarse.
Now I will need to Air brush some paint on it. Before I start on my Green Knight Sinanju ver Remo Williams, i need to make sure that it will look good,with these new techniques that im using.
More to come....
As far as New Years resolution, I dont believe in them. I do know this, my gundam time will be extremely limited.
Cheers!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment